AUSTRALIAN CONSULATE GENERAL - NEW YORK
FINANCE AND TRAVEL OFFICER
The Australian Consulate General - New York invites applications for the position of Finance and Travel Officer. Employment will be offered on a contract basis for an initial period of 12 months. The starting salary will be US $35,708 per annum. Continued employment is subject to successful completion of a 6 month probation period.
The position is being offered for employment in New York.
The Australian Consulate General offers an excellent benefits package that includes a performance bonus, vacation and sick leave/personal days, medical and dental benefits, employee assistance program and a pension plan.
The Australian Consulate General - New York will arrange the necessary work authorisation for the successful applicant.
The Australian Consulate General - New York will not be responsible for any costs incurred when applying for a US visa, relocation costs, nor the return of the officer and family to their country of origin at the end of the contract.
As a member of the Finance team this position plays an important role through the provision of finance and accounting services for the Consulate and the Permanent Mission of Australia to the United Nations. The position also makes the travel arrangements for Consulate and Mission staff.
Tasks and Functions
1. Arrange accommodation, flight, transport and visa bookings for Consulate and Mission staff.
2. Ensure movement requisitions and travel acquittals are completed, approved and processed in a timely fashion.
3. Perform cashier duties. Receive money, issue receipts, post receipts and bank collections on a daily basis in accordance with Australian government regulations.
4. Prepare and enter invoices and expense claims for payment, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
5. Ensure appropriate documentation is provided to support all invoices and expense claims submitted for payment.
6. Maintain accounting records and ensure expenditure is recorded against appropriate cost codes.
7. Liaise with staff and suppliers to reconcile any invoicing discrepancies.
8. Prepare mobile phone declarations on a monthly basis.
9. Issue Debit Advice Notes to recover debts and follow-up on outstanding invoices.
10. Assist with end of month and end of year reporting.
11. Assist with staffing the reception on a relief basis.
12. Ensure all documentation is appropriately maintained and filed.
13. Other duties as required.
1. Demonstrated financial/accounting experience, including adhering to financial regulations
2. Excellent planning and organisational skills, sound judgement, ability to prioritise, multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
3. Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
4. Proficiency in, or the ability to quickly learn, Financial Management Systems (preferably SAP)
How to apply
Applications should include:
• the attached Job Application cover sheet
• the attached Employment and Qualification Background sheet
• a statement addressing the Selection Criteria (maximum three pages)
In addressing the selection criteria, you should use specific examples of work you have done, describing how you have contributed to a process or an outcome, and how this relates to the criterion you are addressing. Only those applicants who most successfully meet the criteria will be contacted for an interview. Phone interviews will be conducted for any applicants selected for interview who do not currently reside in New York.
The closing date of applications is opening of business on Monday 17 December 2012.
Please send applications to The HR Manager, Australian Consulate General by email Recruitment.NewYork@dfat.gov.au.
Security Designated position
Applicants must be willing to undergo security checks necessary to obtain a clearance.